The Reverend Doctor
My name is Christopher (aka Chris aka CJ). I am a kind hearted, loving, caring down to earth guy who has learned to live life to the fullest, never take anything for granted and always keep God as my #1. I am a Baptist minister, with a Doctorate of Divinity (PhD/D.Div.) and serve the Lord. I am a nontraditional minister. I am a friend for life, a lover of all and life follower. I have zero tolerance for drama and "frenemies". I will give you the shirt off my back. I am just an all around pretty awesome person.... I have learned in order to be forgiven, one must forgive. However, I never forget. I do not believe in revenge, God takes care of that. God, family, and music are my life. Want to know more, ask!
Pastor (Ordained Minister) and Life Coach. I specialize in helping those dealing with grief and bereavement. I coach individuals and couples. Bachelor's Degree in Psychology April of 2013. Master's degree to begin in the fall.
- Daily Devotional: Being Still July 18, 2013There are often so many distractions and events that surround us on a daily basis. It is so hard to be still in a world that doesn’t slow down. Do you know how to be still and know God? Proverbs … Continue reading →Rev. DJ
- Daily Verse July 18, 2013Psalm 119:7 (KJV): “I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.” Filed under: Daily Verse, Rev. DJ, ULM Tagged: bible, blessed, blessings, christian, christianity, church, daily verse, Facebook, faith, God, good, Heavenly … Continue reading →Rev. DJ
- Daily Devotional: Don’t Say Goodbye: See You later July 17, 2013Many of us have lost a loved one, or losing a loved one currently. I am writing this for a dual purpose: to help a reader and to help myself. My husband is in the last dying stage and will … Continue reading →Rev. DJ
- Daily Verse July 17, 2013Colossians 2:9-10 (KJV): “For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. (10) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power” Filed under: Daily Verse, Rev. DJ, ULM Tagged: bible, blessed, … Continue reading →Rev. DJ
- Daily Devotional: Prayer for the Dying July 16, 2013O’ Heavenly Father, with heavy hearts we come to You. You are Almighty Creator God; holy and full of grace and love. Our hearts are heavy because of a life that is leaving us. Death engulfs us Lord. Fear is … Continue reading →Rev. DJ
- Daily Verse July 16, 2013James 1:21 (KJV): “Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.” Filed under: Daily Verse, Rev. DJ, ULM Tagged: bible, blessed, blessings, christian, christianity, church, … Continue reading →Rev. DJ
- Daily Devotional: Live Without Fear? July 15, 2013The world today gives us many reasons to walk in life with fear in our hearts. Murders, rapes, floods, hurricanes, car accidents are just to name a few of the events that happen every day around us. Can we get … Continue reading →Rev. DJ
- Daily Verse July 15, 2013John 15:10 (KJV): “If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.” Filed under: Daily Verse, Rev. DJ, ULM Tagged: bible, blessed, blessings, christian, christianity, … Continue reading →Rev. DJ
- Sunday Sermon: Christian Emotional Maturity July 14, 2013In this age, people no longer base decisions and actions on solid moral values. They have been programmed to act according to their feelings. Emotions are something that all Christians must battle. Are you controlling your emotions? Most people now … Continue reading →Rev. DJ
- Daily Devotional: Waiting on God? July 14, 2013Do you ever get tired of waiting on God to answer your prayers? I do I get tired of saying the same old prayers day after day, month after month, year after year. I get tired of telling God about … Continue reading →Rev. DJ
- Daily Devotional: Being Still July 18, 2013
Calendar of Post’s
- 11,985 hits
- Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear. #cjay#revcjay 18 minutes ago
- Technically, I’m single. Emotionally, I’m completely taken, because in my mind, I will always be yours. #cjay#revcjay 53 minutes ago
- Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, undone, or forgotten so take it as a lesson learned and move on#revcjay 1 hour ago
- Don't let loneliness drive you back into the arms of someone you know doesn't give a damn about you. #cjay #guilty#revcjay 1 hour ago
- This is the problem with getting attached to someone: when they leave we just feel lost. #cjay#revcjay 2 hours ago
- Nothing you can say is going to make someone do something they don't want to do. If they don't want to fight, just leave them. #cjay#revcjay 2 hours ago
- I don't want a perfect relationship. I just want someone who I can act silly with, someone who treats me well and loves being with me. #cjay#revcjay 3 hours ago
- Never ruin an apology with an excuse. #cjay#revcjay 3 hours ago
- While you wake up today, someone is breathing their last breath. Thank God for another day. Don't waste it. #cjay#revcjay 4 hours ago
- Bad things are always gonna happen in life. People will hurt you. But you can't use that as an excuse to hurt someone back. #cjay#revcjay 4 hours ago
Lookup a word or passage in the Bible
Include this form on your page
Monthly Archives: August 2012
Reblogged from This Just In: New Orleans mayor imposes dusk-to-dawn curfew More than 817,000 without power across 5 states Isaac’s maximum sustained winds slip to 60 mph Emergency crews rescue people stranded by floods Refresh this page for the latest … Continue reading
So, the hike with Rascal actually turned into running errands to the hardware store, hanging you shelves, mowing half, well 1/4 of the lawn and then had a BBQ. My mom knows how to make burgers on the grill and … Continue reading
Just went to bring Rascal outside for his duty time. While waiting I looked up and the sky was so pure and clear. Every star visible. It was absolutely beautiful. I only wish my phone could capture the pureness and … Continue reading
Today (actually yesterday) was one of those day’s that you try your hardest to decide if it was a good day or a bad day or if it even existed. Might I still be asleep and in a dream? Most likely … Continue reading
Reblogged from Anderson Cooper 360: CNN’s Gary Tuchman talks to people on the ground in Haiti awaiting the landfall of Tropical Storm Isaac. This is a nightmare. Thousands of people still in tents. Another disaster that will require us to … Continue reading
Just finished mowing my Mom’s huge lawn. Now taking a quick break while the weed wacker charges up. You know, most of our mom’s do so much for us growing up, and even as we become adults and beyond. Now … Continue reading
Rascal always by my side. Sleeping tight.
Decided to stay at my mother’s for a few more days to help her get her new house in order. Seems weird when I’m home, not having her right beside my house. Got something’s done today (really yesterday) and she’s … Continue reading
Have a great day everyone. Be blessed.
Scrumptious Cajun steak!